13 Jun 2013

My take on Tim Holtz's June Tag of 2013

Watercolours are not my kind of thing because I find them hard to manipulate the colours and prefer to use acrylics. This month's tag is quite a challenge for me the end result is not that bad and I figured out how to get even coverage of colours in the non wrinkle technique.
June's tag involves the use of Distress Markers and the use of an auto wet brush basically to blend and mix colours. This is my second attempt I was worried because the layers of colours wasn't blending immediately only realising later it's one those time delay effects. Hard to see what the actual colours he was using I used Rusty Hinge, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Broken China and Pumice Stone.
Distress Inks- Walnut Stain was used to darken the edges.
For the non wrinkle blend involved the use of 3 different Distress range mediums Paint- Broken China, Ink-Dusty Concord and Stains-Wild Honey. The key is not to mix the colours too much but can be layered. Tim left out details on what to add to crinkle ribbon to finish off the tag I used a mixture of Distress Paint- Broken China and Stains- Wild Honey and Scatter straw.
The Background rubber stamped I used PSX, Paperartsy and Stampers' Anonymous 6 to show that June is the 6th month in the year.
What I do with the monthly challenges projects I displayed them in my unfinished Artist's Shrine. More of building site really and the penguin needs to completed. Tim's tag was completed very quickly and spend the rest of evening playing with Oscar the hamster. He was on the gnawing mission last night and made arched doorway on the loo roll. Maybe I'll include more of his creations.

2 comments:

  1. An artsy hamster huh? Love it :-) And love the shrine. I think your tag turned out great seeing you don't like working in watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying out watercolour technique using combination of Distress Stains and Makers. I still find it a struggle but getting there just need some practise.

    ReplyDelete