26 Apr 2013

April tag of 2013

Here is my interpretation of Tim Holtz tag for April. Yes I know it's almost a blatant copy but I used different elements and managed to nab some material before they were out of stock.
Luckily that's crafty  sells majority of items for anyone wanting to attempt Tim's challenge.
Local hobbycraft store stock some not much.
 I used metal charms- Philosophy tags, foliage, game spinner and word tags and did some improvisation with tissue tape and cut out my own 4. I wondered why the number than thought April is the fourth month in the year. Art Parts modelling film is thicker than shrink plastic and tricky to use since not used to this new media but I have future uses for this material.
At the beginning of the month metallic Distress paint weren't available I shop on artist trading post as well as they have more extensive range or products. They don't sell idea-ology 8 I have Tim Holtz's app and added the stuff I want to the wishlist. Still think washi tape is stronger and cheaper than tissue tape. I'm spending a fortune on one project and never wanted to get Distress Paints if you have Paint dabbler than don't need these. Almost finished with the palettes actually in the future I'm going to use whatever in stash unless really have to buy these items. Idea-ology and Distress is really expensive there's other I could of brought like Paperartsy, 7 Gypsies and other antiqued metal embellishments.
It's just I notice the ones which were selected resembled what Tim created. Would be nice if my tag was selected I'm not bothered anymore. Art can be made with few simple items but I'm an eclectic artist crafter. On 2012 monthly tags I thought he would do something special like in his Compendium of Curiosities. Besides I have to play catch up with February I will make 2 as one of them is going to have to be celebration of Chinese Lunar New Year. Snakes are cool.



0 comments:

Post a Comment