22 May 2013

My entry for the another monthly challenge: How does your garden grow?

This card I decided to enter for May's Country View Craft's challenges because completed and submitted a tag for Tim Holtz's May tag of 2013. I still have my version of February to make give the fact I was forced to endure excessive noise and almost no sleep it has been a struggle. Why and also if I don't craft like every day I get very restlessness and irritable. My household is not the ideal place for crafting it was always my attentions when there's a sunny day with not so much wind to work outside. I rather listen to the songs of nature than the harsh tunes of music player. It's not music it's noise pollution.
Been a while since I made a card the last one was on Mother's day. The challenge for May is entitled "How does your Garden grow"
I have lots sheet of pre-distressed papers in various colours some using Distress Ink, Stains or a mixture of both. The floral stamps set I wanted it's by Paper Artsy, their Hot Picks range HP1004EZ I wanted this for a long time as it contains patterned flower.
I stamped flowers, petals on various paper scraps. The main stem is in Memories: Art Print Brown it didn't show up as much when the moths were added (Stazon- Jet Black). I outline the stem using fineliner. Further moths were stamped using Archival Ink on modeling film, the same kind used in April tag of 2013. A voice in my head kept saying emboss the edges of the petals so I did using Stampedeous Frantage Aged Gold embossing powder and it worked well.
More Distress ink was added onto the backing sheet to tone down the colours Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain and Moss Green. I ran a paper distressing tool on the edges before sticking the background to the add. Used idea-ology custom fastener to fix the flowers together before finally gluing the leaves and stapling the moths using tiny attacher. I added some words from Chitchat stickers the edges were coloured with Walnut Stain. There is an trend of adding large flowers on to card, seen as Create and Craft. This proof you don't need a CD-ROMs, craft sheets or even die cutting maching to make a card. All you ready need is your head but I do recommend buying Compendium of Curiosities vol 1 and 2 as they have tonnes of wonderful idea or go on youtube and watch his videos.
The next step for me is submit something to Craftstamper, I did send some ATCs but sadly they were never published. We'll see. Loads of people of submit of work so you have to create something exceptional to get noticed. I hope one day my work will get this attention. Why can't it be now?
It's the taking part which matters it's just I always improving my skills and there's other techniques I haven't discovered or tried out. 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous composition and a beautiful colour palette, a great card. Thanks for sharing it with us for this month's challenge at Country View Challenges.

    Although you've linked back to us you do have to mention the challenge topic (How does your garden grow) and our challenge site (Country View Challenges) to comply with the rules and remain in the challenge. I will pop back and check at the end of the month.

    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete